Sunday, February 03, 2008

No Country for Old Men

My friend Keith asked me what I was reading. Get with the times Keith. Nobody "reads" anymore! We listen to books on cassette tapes. Jodi and I just "read" this book together in a week. Sometimes we sat and listened. Othertimes, we cleaned the kitchen and listened. We also played a lot of poker and knitted (or crocheted) while we listened.
My thoughts: I need to think a lot more about this book/tape/CD/movie. It was very dark. Pretty depressing. Almost dissapointing. I love these kinds of books/movies. I wonder how the movie will be. I heard it is very violent. The book for shizzle is very violent. I think it will be amazing to watch and experience with other senses.
Listening to books on tape is going to be a new hobby of ours. The only problem will be that we don't know what to listen to next. we rediscovered the library and that is helpful, but does anybody have any recomendations?

8 comments:

Steve said...

Um, I've heard the Harry Potter books on tape are really entertaining because the reader does different voices for all the characters.

I've never listened to a book on tape before, though, so I can't say I have any ideas for ya.

Jodi said...

it was entertaining to listen to the man do different voices, to be sure. Especially doing the various female voices!
I'd listen to the Harry Potter ones, want to, lovey?

Steve said...

Hey, I finally posted on the God is love discussion you and Juanito were having at the staff Christmas breakfast (remember, you told me to write something about it???) - so now you have to hold up your end of the deal and reply to it.

White Rabbit said...

Yeah, my nieces teacher lets them listen to books on tape and counts it as "reading".

We wanted to put our kids into the public school system, but now i'm reconsidering. i ought to go get an audio book on the subject.

Joe Martino said...

What are cassette tapes and how do you listen to them? I have no cassette players in my possession.

journey of the discontent said...

Cassettes are the latest in audio technology. They allow you to be able to tape radio programs or your favorite top 40 hits.

BaRd said...

I've been hoping that you would post on this article. http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53743

happy holidays

journey of the discontent said...

Dobson '08!