Sunday, March 25, 2007

Good Friends


This weekend we got to see some of our good friends. It's always nice when you get to hang out with good people and enjoy good conversation.

Wayne and Erin came over on Friday and we had Pad Thai. It was delicious. Jodi really made spectacular batch. Then we sat back and talked quite a bit about theology. Wayne is one of my favorites to talk about these issues with because he's not afraid to tell me when I'm full of crap or just plain wrong. We also talked about taking a class at Western Theological together this fall. That would be good so I could copy his notes when I skip class. It was also nice to see Erin. i don't think I have any readers who this would spoil their news so I'll say that Erin has a womb dweller living inside her. I almost started crying when they told me and I don't know why. Driscol would have a hay-day with how feminine I am.
Then we saw our friend Chad and Jodi. They were in the hospital because Jodi had twins Saturday. We didn't see the young ones yet, but I'm excited to get a glimpse. Jodi is such a stud. She was walking around and you couldn't even tell she had babies taken from her body a day before. She even had a C-section. Yucky. Nice work Chad and Jodi.

Then we went for dinner with Jay and Amy. They are our hippie friends. We went out for Indian food. They offer a buy one get one free beer on Saturdays. Can you believe it? We also had good conversation. It's always fun to make camping plans and beer making plans with these kind folks. We really enjoy their company.

6 comments:

juanito said...

A placenta surfer? Sweet.

It's okay to cry -- i think it's fun!

Anonymous said...

Christian,

The pad thai was delicious! Thanks for having us over and thank you for your kind words. We are glad to have friends that are excited about our pregnancy with us. I hope we can do it again sooner than later.

Blessings,
Wayne

Jodi said...

wayne, what? have dinner or pregnancy? just kidding:)

Anonymous said...

um good question :)how about dinner.

CMort said...

silly me. i missed a buy one get one free deal on beer. what was i thinking?

thanks for stopping guys. i am sorry i didnt have more time. it was a crazy weekend but it meant a lot to us to have you come by. lets plan a time and i will meet you up atthe hospital and you can hold the babies. we love you.

Jodi said...

CMORT, We'd love to...I left your food gifts in your fridge or freezer (downstairs). You let us know when it will work for you guys...we don't want to be those friends that are ALWAYS there at the WRONG time, you know????