Saturday, November 24, 2007

Peaceful



I have successfully aligned my chakras and have become one with the world. The positive energy now flows freely through all 5 chakras and my spirit is free.

Well, I don't know about that, but I am much happier today than I was a couple years ago. I spent several years in desolation after moving back from the U.P. In fact, I was sort of insane for a few years. It didn't help that my job at Wedgwood was highly stressful emotionally and physically. But I seem to have come through on the other side seemingly stronger.

I was reading a book about the Rule of St. Benedictine. One of the chapters was on hospitality and prophecy. I though it was weird that the two chapters were together but the author explained well how they were linked. (you'll have to read the book for a good explanation too). But as I was reading this chapter on hospitality, I was reminded of how passionate I was for being hospitable. Especially int he last 2 years, I have kind of lost that passion and desire. But now it seems to be rising up inside me again. I believe that because of my much healthier mental state I am able to reclaim gifts, desires, and passions that God placed in me. It's hard to explain, but this is such an exciting time for me. I honestly wasn't sure if I'd ever snap out of this funk, but now feeling these very natural feelings, I am reminded of God's goodness in my life. I spent far too long being genuinely wounded and spent a large portion of time feeling sorry for myself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still righteously cynical, irreverently prophetic, and sarcastically reflective. These things may change as I continue to seek the God-life, but until then, I'll embrace these wonderfully awful characteristics.

Peace!

7 comments:

White Rabbit said...

Good word. Glad to hear it!

Anonymous said...

Christian I am glad that you are feeling more at peace.

Hey, did you get the email that I sent you the other day? I also sent you an evite to our annual New Years Party.

Anyway, hope we can get together sometime soon.

Blessings,
Wayne

Christian and Jodi Baron said...

"Don't get me wrong, I'm still righteously cynical, irreverently prophetic, and sarcastically reflective. These things may change as I continue to seek the God-life, but until then, I'll embrace these wonderfully awful characteristics."

I loved this. This was a beautiful post. Nice words. Tell me more about the rising/resurfacing of gifts, talents, and other stuff. I love to read what is going on inside your head:)
-love

journey of the discontent said...

Keith- Thanks

Wayne- No... I didn't get the e-mail. But I am bad about checking my home e-mail. do you have my work e-mail?
cbaron@wedgwood.org
I will not be able to make it to your new years party this year. I have to work and have been invited to a roller skating party before that.
Once the new year is here, I hope to be less busy.

Jodi- Instead of writing about them, maybe we could just spend a few hours talking and listening to romantic music in our room. Maybe we could get wine cheese and olives and feed each other. I'll tell you all you want to know.

Jodi said...

I like that idea, I just thought it would be a good exercise for you to write them out!
I always love wine, cheese and olives though:)

Erik Racine said...

Yeah Chris, I would echo Jodi's comment. That is a well written paragraph that captures you very.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm still righteously cynical, irreverently prophetic, and sarcastically reflective.

I would only add that I don't think those are wonderfully "awful" characteristics. Maybe they are just wonderful. What if those are the raw materials that you have been give that God is refining? And what if they are part or your contribution to humanity? The alchemy of you (refining the gifts). I like that thought.

weary soul said...

Christian and Jodi...I know you don't know me very well, but I love the way you talk to each other...I always noticed on the Hippy board how Christian cherished Jodi with his words as my husband does me...I have a wonderful husband, but sadly he can't drink wine because of meds, and he doesn't like olives...however, I have gone crazy about black olives and feta cheese lately *smile*