Friday, August 29, 2008

Bob Weir and The Allman Brothers


Jodi and I had the opportunity to see one of the main volcalists from the Grateful Dead yesterday. We went with our friends Jay and Amy and had a great time. Bobby was great and played some of the songs that the Dead has been known for, for decades. He eneded the set with Ripple which has always been one of my favorites.
Before the show and after we made grilled cheese sandwiches and sold them. We made $70. I had a great time and enjoyed my 8th anniversary with a woman I fell in love with 9 years ago.
The Allman Brothers were good too, but we spent a lot of the time walking around and talking because Jodi wasn't feeling very well. She had had quite a bit of acid and... just kidding. She wasn't feeling well because she is 8 months prego. Mo's first concert was Neil Young, Wilco, DMB, Arlo Guthrie, Widespread Panic and a few others. Gretchen' s first show was Umphree's Magee. Baron #3 will be told about this show for a long long time.

2 comments:

Catarina Wanderlust said...

You guys are The Coolest parents.
Ripple is one of my favorites, too. It's just straight poetry, hommes.

journey of the discontent said...

Thanks Cat. Things are hot on the hippie board right now eh? I think too hot for me for now. PLus our computer crashed so I only have access at work.