Monday, September 01, 2008

Burma


I got a new job on Friday. I'll be working with refugees from Burma. It's a residential home for 17 year old boys, but will have the feel of a college dorm. I don't know a lot about what i'll be doing, but we'll be helping the young men transition from life in Burma to life in the U.S. I'm very excited about it. I can feel the darkness lift as I think about doing a job I care about and believe in again. i once felt this way about Wedgie, but now have become jaded and indifferent.
New beginnings have always been wonderful for me. So much so that I have often wondered about being able to commit to things long term. but I have been married now for 8 years and had this job for 5. We've been in the Episcopal Church for over 2 years now and I'm starting to really feel settled. I just hope I don't feel too settled to move to Austin in a couple years for seminary. In the meantime, I'll enjoy starting over at a new job. God- make me an agent of grace wherever I am.

3 comments:

Catarina Wanderlust said...

So, how's the job going??

journey of the discontent said...

I start Monday. I am very excited.

Steve said...

Well, you're done at Crossroads now... congratulations. Good luck with the new job!

Stay in touch!