Saturday, December 16, 2006

Missed my Connection


So I have been on that Hippie Christian Web-site that I posted on last. It has calmed down and I am beginning to understand them a bit more and they are getting a better taste of my sarcastic and cynical flavor. The site however has really cause me to take a look at my outlook on life. Here's what I mean
1. I am a very negative person. I didn't want to admit it, but I am. This makes me perfect for the Emerging Church (I only sort of mean this and I know folks in the EC have fought hard to get rid of this label). I am very good at seeing problem areas in the Church, other people, and myself. Pretty much, I'm a whiney crab. But the good news is that I am starting to see through the perverbial fog. This site had me so charged up and ready to explode that I seriously couldn't sleep. I have never experienced that and it has more to do with the Fundy Hippies on the BB, but non-the-less, I slept for crap last week and the week before. But I'm starting to notice some things. I only post on threads that I disagree with and have taken things pretty personally. I feel like I have a personality disorder because one night I'll post and be very assertive and brazen and the next I'll be trying to be nice and make up. This brings me to my second point.
2. I am not really connecting with anybody. Not totally true, I feel like connect with Montana, but she is so easy going, she connected with the stuttering demensia lady at the nursing home my grandma's in. I also connect with Jodi though I have been so quircky and confrontational. This frickin' job search is killing me too I think. I don't hate my job by any means, but a person can only take so many rejection letters and go through so many interviews before he starts to get a complex. Which brings me to my next point.
3. I am going to get to spend some time with one of my best friends Nicky-poo in the U.P. next week. Me and mine and him and his are going to sit around the fire-place and talk and play Settlers and probably drink a couple beers. It will be very nice to see him and Katie. I am also taking some steps to fix my dark cloud by reading scripture because my wife modelled it for me and because Keith confronted me on it. I am not sure what I'll do, but maybe read some of Paul because I kind of hate him and need to get a better view of him and I want to read the gospels and study what Jesus said about eternity and the afterlife. My goal will be to read it not for information to use against others as I often do but rather to get closer to my creator.
4. I am going to try to become more conservative this week. Isn't that a weird thing to write? I was a lot better at being conservative than I am at being liberal and I don't like to suck at things so I'm going to try to regress. Any suggestions on how I can become more conservative? What time is Bill O'Reilley on? Is Dobson on once a day or twice and at what times? Exactly where IS the Planned Parenthood in Grand Rapids and do you have to use lead pipe for pipe bombs or can you use PVC?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian,

Where do I start? Do I start with how I commend you on this post, how I can identify with you’re your tendency to see only the negative, and how your implied first assertion here to be more positive is very admirable? Or, do I start by asking if your fourth point might undermine you first? Sometimes I just feel I cannot discern or see through the cynicism enough to see the real Christian.

Peace,
Wayne

journey of the discontent said...

Wayne. Good point. I knew I was going down the sarcasm road but count it progress that the majority of the post was positive. I can see the problems with this line of thinking and thank you for your loving feedback. But, wasn't the "pipe-bomb" comment a little funny? Even a smidge? An itty-bitty?

Jodi said...

wow! I'm impressed with how positive the majority of the post was! I am not sure, however, you need to become more conservative to be more positive. I think the key to being more positive is to put more positive in, right? By reading scripture to get closer to your creator instead of using it to put another brother in their place...that's a great start. To try and use less cursing, may be a good start too...maybe more chalupas too...everyone could use more chalupas!