Saturday, December 16, 2006

What Calvin has to say about Emergent




Not John Calvin knuckle head. I found this at a guys blog I check regularly. You can find him at
bobhyatt.typepad.com/boblog/ . I think it also speaks about my condition. Wayne very kindly pointed out my ironic post last time and how even though I was posting about being positive, that I had to poke some fun. while I don't want to totally give up on sarcasm and cynicism, I do want to limit myself. (I'm the same way with meth. Only on weekends and holidays). Maybe I should stay out of the debat sphere alltogether. I've got this prophet-complex thoguh and want to always think that what I have to say is so revolutionary and important. Maybe I should just shut up and and start doing something about what I think.
On another note, I'm hoping to get this job with this church in my area and will probably be doing some more interviewing with them in the next couple weeks. They want to have somebody in place by mid January which would be great for me. I would love to start working with "normal"kids again and think it would help me in this struggle with being positive. I do wonder if my mental instability will limit how I can interact with them though.

2 comments:

journey of the discontent said...

I am not smart. Sorry about the picture. I'll repost it.

Jodi said...

POSITIVE!!!!! Sheesh man, we really do need to work on this.
No, but really, I just spent a lot of time thinking about what you said I should say to that man I don't know who called me ignorant and that I sound like Mark Driscoll...read it, kay?
I do think it will be good for you to focus on some of the things you think and put them into action.
That's good form for all of us to follow.
I can't wait to be up north with you again. It was so much fun last time. Hopefully there will be less mouse poop and more propane:)