Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Prarie Home Companion


Did you know that I really like Garrison Keiller? It's true. I am watching the movie right now and it's kind of a let down so far. When I used to work contact shifts with the kids a work, I used to think it would be cool to have the kids listen to the weekly program. I don't have much else to say on this post except that I love the music and I like to hear the stories about Lake Wobegone. Here's a sidenote about Woody Harrelson: His dad is serving life for murder.

Another interesting thing about an actress in the movie: Meryl Streep. Jodi told me last week that MS has anal cancer. I didn't even know you could get "anal cancer". That's not a cancer joke, but it is odd. I have been watching the movie for about 45 minutes now and can't figure out what the movie is about. Wasn't that a happy and positive post? I love being alive.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

It wasn't Meryl Streep you silly head! It's Farrah Foset! I thought you said you listened to me when I spoke.

Anonymous said...

I'm not so much into the radio program but I loved the movie!!!

White Rabbit said...

so, would "anal cancer" also be called colon cancer, or no?

karla, can't remember how to sign in with my own account

journey of the discontent said...

Wayner... Cmon. The radio program is way better than the movie. Maybe I need to see the movie again thoguh. Keeler snse of humor is just so great.

Karla- depends how far up the anus you go. If it isn't all the way in the colon, then it would be "semi"-colon cancer. (Can I be making a cancer joke. What is wrong with me. Remember, I'm not joking about cancer, but about punctuation). I don't have any idea about answering your question for real.

Jodi- I do "listen", but I just don't always "hear", right Keith?

Jodi said...

well then, you need to work on your "hearing" skills as well as your seeing skills...it's not shameful to wear glasses or hearing aids...lots of people do.