Sunday, February 25, 2007

Still Got It.

I haven't posted in a couple days. I've been responding to all the comments on my latest controversial blog post.

Tonight I went to youth group at the Episcopal Church I got hired at. I was wondering beforehand about whether or not I'd be able to relate to "normal" kids after working for three years with boys who are in residential treatment. But I can!!! I had a good time. In fact, Wedgwood has helped me I think. I think it helps me look at "normal" kids in a different way. To understand them and their behaviors a little bit more. I am reall a sociologist. I enjoyed watching dynamics in the group and trying to guess what their parents did for a living or how many siblings each youth has. I also enjoyed observing some of the young men and their insecurities and how they tried to cover them up. We had about twelve kids and the only ones who went to the same school were a brother and sister. Very starnge dynamic.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh Christian. You should be posting blogs to release your inner thoughts, not to seek approval or disapproval from friends and fos alike. Just kidding. I'm so glad you had such a good time. I look forward to having lots of kids over for grilled cheese and tomato soup once again:)

White Rabbit said...

Hi Christian,

i know you were really concerned about this issue of relating. i'm glad to hear it went well for you. And Jodi, i think it's great that you are so inviting and want to have the kids over!

journey of the discontent said...

She is the bst wife I've ever had. Not bad to look at either.

Jodi said...

When you asked for me to take your picture, did you mean like my profile photo or the shot of my "very sexy belly"? meaning did you want me to take a close up shot of your face or your belly? I'll do either:)