Friday, June 15, 2007

Bored with Blogging



Hey. I haven't blogged in a while. I think I'm tired of making controversial posts. But I can't think of anything else to write about that anybody would be interested in. Maybe I'll just say some things I'm thinking about.

1. Can Christianity exist without a group of us trying to change the minds of the world. Can it exist without using violence and intollerance? Can we live in peace with others who believe differently?

2. How serious am I about trying to live simply? How willa church respond to a youth director who calls for students to live simply?

3. Can I live without polarizing myself from other groups. Canb I live in peace with anybody? Am I a person who knows no other way than to thrive on conflict?

4. I watched "I Heart Huckabees" last night with Jodi. It is really really funny! It also asks some good questions. Are we all connected or are we all seperate entities? Mark Wahlberg is very funny in this movie.

5. Do I have what it takes to be an Episcopal priest?

I plan to figure out the answers to all of these questions this week. I'll let you all know next week what I have discovered.

2 comments:

White Rabbit said...

i don't think Christianity can exist without trying to influence the world. It's part of the faith...to make disciples.

Can it exist apart from conservative politics? Yes. Can it exist without being oppressive to others? Yes.

This is why you want to influence the youth to live simply. It's a biblical principal. You believe the worldview of Jesus is the worldview of God, and God is the creator & designer, and therefore how he says it should be is the way it was intended to be, and the best possible way.

Nobody becomes a minister without wanting to effect the worldview of others. i think this is part of your calling, which is why you have a hard time not living in conflict. i think that is one of the proofs that you could make a good priest.

Catarina Wanderlust said...

i heart huckabees is an awesome film.
as far as your other questions, i agree with whiterabbit.